PULS’s involvement in the project development is based on a proven business model securing return on investment.
PULS shall create a healthy return on investment for its shareholders and together with innovators maximize the value of product ideas in life science, where PULS contributes a clear and commercial entrepreneurship, broad scientific competence and long-term financing.
We develop early life science projects into attractive business opportunities for the industry by offering long-term financing and world-class scientific and industrial expertise. The main objective is to maximize, clarify and realize the value of projects by providing capital, knowledge, cost-effective management and a successful exit.
We engage in life science projects with a well-defined medical need, solid scientific evidence and an opportunity for exclusivity on the market. Our main focus is pharmaceuticals, but we are also interested in e-health and drug-like med tech. PULS’s preference is to get involved as the first investor.
PULS consists of a highly competent, experienced and efficient operational management team and 33 partners and their network. Based on our know-how and experience, we secure the ideal infrastructure and mix of competences for each project for the duration of the development. We prefer to engage early on with innovators to ensure an optimal IP platform and a high-quality development process throughout the project.
Our business objective from the very start is to divest the project, typically in clinical phase, to a pharma company that finalizes the development work and brings the product to the market.
Our track record validates all aspects of our business model that serves both innovators and investors well.
About PULS and its track record
- Eleven project companies started since 2002
- Seven out of eleven projects brought into clinical phase so far
- Five projects divested, two of which are listed
- Only one out of eleven projects has been terminated
- Five ongoing projects
- Virtual, cost-effective organization
- Highly competent, experienced and efficient operational team
- 33 partners with robust, broad scientific knowledge and industry experience as well as access to their network
- Secured critical resources and world class competences throughout the value chain
- Ideal infrastructure and optimal mix of competences for each project from the start throughout the exit phase
- Proven business model with excellent track record
- MSEK 500 raised to the project companies and MSEK 120 to PULS
- Headquarters in Helsingborg, Sweden, and regional office in Gothenburg and Danderyd
For financial information, see corporate information.
PULS has five ongoing project companies: Adenovir Pharma AB (eye infection), Belina AB (breast cancer), Glactone Pharma AB (prostate cancer), Oncorena Holding AB (renal cancer) and Trophea AB (skin atrophy). The image below shows where the projects are in the development process. Read more about our ongoing projects.
PULS has successfully divested four portfolio companies: Ambria Dermatology AB, Pulsetten AB (former DuoCort AB), LIDDS AB and AcuCort AB. LIDDS was listed on Nasdaq OXM First North in 2014 (Stockholm, Sweden) and AcuCort was listed on AktieTorget in 2017 (Stockholm, Sweden). Laccure outlicensed its female health product globally (2017). Read more about the portfolio companies.
Do not hesitate to contact us.